Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Disclosure Question

tag
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Closing Disclosure Question

does anyone know when I should expect my final closing disclosures?  The title company said on the day of closing, but how would I know the exact amount to bring to close or do I just go off of the loan estimate that I received on the first loan disclosures?

From what I have been reading the title company prepares the final closing disclosures, so would my lender send me something also?

Current FICO 08 as of 06/01/2015 TU 648 EQ 624 EX 602
FICO Mortgage Scores TU 594 EQ 540 EX 642

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing Disclosure Question

We received our initial three days prior to closing, as required by law.  Outside of that, we received the "final" one the morning of.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, according to the laws surrounding KBYO (Know Before You Owe) implemented last October,  you are supposed to receive the initial CD at least 3 business days prior to closing.  

http:http://www.consumerfinance.gov/owning-a-home/closing-disclosure///www.consumerfinance.gov/ownin...

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It has been to be a minimum of 3 days before you sign. Saturday counts as a day, Sunday does not.

Message 4 of 10
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Received my disclosures on Wednesday, and did my final walk-through yesterday.  I will be closing on Monday- all documents have been sent to the title company i.e. insurance, appraisal, final closing disclosures etc.   

Lender pulled credit on May 27th, and she said that they won't be pulling it anymore...this is an FHA loan so is that true?  I'm scheduled to close on Monday.

Message 5 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

The lender won't do a hard pull, but they will certainly do a soft pull - either Monday or when the loan is funded.

Our loan officer told us not to apply for anything until we got the "Funded" notification from him - luckily for us, it was the same day we closed, but he said it can be a day or so.

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 10
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

I closed yesterday, and my lender didn't pull credit again.  YAAAY!

Message 7 of 10
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 9 of 10
creditstalker
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm so dam excited!!!  

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.