Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Disclosure vs Loan Estimate

tag
mvnup2017
Established Member

Closing Disclosure vs Loan Estimate

Hey MyFico'ers....thankfully I am fully approved for my new construction home, set to close 12/27. My latest case of heartburn comes from reading that the cash needed at closing on my final disclosure could be different then what's on my loan estimate. :-/

Can anyone tell me from experience how often that happens and is it usually a big increase in the amount needed at closing?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing Disclosure vs Loan Estimate

I had the heartburn we are due to close on a new construction in April of 2017 and got my disclosures yesterday and its saying 17,000 ... but the loan amount was a high estimate and needs to be lowered and i asked if i can put the 4900 in UMIP in the loan to save money upfront and my LO said i could so if you are going FHA that is one way to lower some of your costs upfront but be mindful you will being paying interest on it adding it to your loan

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.