Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Friday - What can go wrong?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing Friday - What can go wrong?

In keeping with the paranoid, neurotic motif of the last 3 months, I'm just curious... What can go wrong now?

We completed the final walkthrough today.  HUD sheet is in and has been approved by lender & seller.  Are we in the clear?

My wife has been sitting on a job offer with a better location relative to the new home.  We've been afraid for her to give notice with the current employer for fear that word of it would somehow get back to the lender.  It's the same industry (same kind of nurse in a different hospital) and pays better.  As we are closing, the title might not get recorded until Monday.  Does anyone see any harm in her giving that notice as soon as we have keys?  I'd like to see them try to take them back.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing Friday - What can go wrong?

Some lenders do a verbal VOE before funding the loan. If I were you, I would wait until you have confirmation the loan has funded (title company can give you this info), then have your wife give notice. 

Congrats!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing Friday - What can go wrong?

Thanks, Sunshine85.  I didn't realize that was something lenders did, but nothing is worth risking the whole deal at this point.  I hate to ask my wife to keep waiting, as she hates the place she works at currently.  She's waited this long though.  A couple more days won't hurt.  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.