cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing In 12 Days When Do Lenders Issue The Final Clear To Close? I'm Getting Really Nervous Here

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing In 12 Days When Do Lenders Issue The Final Clear To Close? I'm Getting Really Nervous Here

For those of you who may have read some of my other posts. I am getting close to the end of a long journy trying to rebuild my credit and purchase a home. I am scheduled to close on 10/27 but my lender still has not issued a final clear to close. They keep sending the file back for minor things. This last time was  yet another bank statement, verification of a rental date I had in the past. The verification of prior addresses came back with a glitch the rental company had a date wrong, I had to sign a letter releasing my earnest money because it was a cash deposit. The money was some I received when my dad passed away earlier this summer. I could not produce a clear paper trail so the are refunding the earnest money. I will then bring this money to closing if needed. 

My loan officer keeps telling me that we are going to close and it's just standard procedure. I have to give a notice at my apartments by the end of nex week because they require a 30 day notice. They have a waiting list for people looking for 3 bedrooms. If I give my notice and they promise my apartment to someone I have to move.  My lease is up close to Thanksgiving.

This is a VA loan and my mortgage credit score was about 680. Would they not have told me by now if we were going to have a problem closing? I'm just getting very antsy and nervous. The have ordered the insurance binder and requested the termite inspection report, the appraisal is done  etc.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kats_rebuild
Contributor

Re: Closing In 12 Days When Do Lenders Issue The Final Clear To Close? I'm Getting Really Nervous He

I know many people here got an email with something along the lines of "cleared to close", however in my case this never happened. I received the initial closing disclosures about 7 days before I was set to close. My realtor also told me that the title company had received all the loan documents the day before I was set to close. But at no point did anyone ever tell me I was clear to close.

Chase CSR 22,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 13,000 | Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $10,000 | AMEX Everyday $9,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4500 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing In 12 Days When Do Lenders Issue The Final Clear To Close? I'm Getting Really Nervous He

Unfortunately nothing is guaranteed until keys are in hand, even after clear to close if the UW finds something they don't like they can choose not to fund. It is a horribly uncomfortable process.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're in the same boat, srobin! File was sent to final underwriting on 11th at 5pm. Closing is supposed to be Oct 26th. (Our rate lock expires Oct 20th but loan officer says they can extend by a week.) We already had requests for paperwork and explanations, etc. and have not heard anything since the 11th. Trying to keep breathing but it's hard!!

----------------------------------------------------------

srobin wrote:

For those of you who may have read some of my other posts. I am getting close to the end of a long journy trying to rebuild my credit and purchase a home. I am scheduled to close on 10/27 but my lender still has not issued a final clear to close. They keep sending the file back for minor things. This last time was  yet another bank statement, verification of a rental date I had in the past. The verification of prior addresses came back with a glitch the rental company had a date wrong, I had to sign a letter releasing my earnest money because it was a cash deposit. The money was some I received when my dad passed away earlier this summer. I could not produce a clear paper trail so the are refunding the earnest money. I will then bring this money to closing if needed. 

My loan officer keeps telling me that we are going to close and it's just standard procedure. I have to give a notice at my apartments by the end of nex week because they require a 30 day notice. They have a waiting list for people looking for 3 bedrooms. If I give my notice and they promise my apartment to someone I have to move.  My lease is up close to Thanksgiving.

This is a VA loan and my mortgage credit score was about 680. Would they not have told me by now if we were going to have a problem closing? I'm just getting very antsy and nervous. The have ordered the insurance binder and requested the termite inspection report, the appraisal is done  etc.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. I will be so glad when this is finished it is extremely nerve wracking.  I'm hoping to hear something this week regarding closing. My co worker is off all week so I will be super busy which I hope will help me from going nuts worrying about the house. 

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the same exact situation as you. I am scheduled to close on 10/27 but haven't heard from my lender in a week. The underwirter requested a few items about two weeks ago but nothing since. I told my real eastate agent this and she didn't seem worried. She told me that they probably have everything they need from me at this point and it's going through standard loan processing. Either way it makes me feel uneasy. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

closing on 10/21 and i got the closure disclosure l;ast week- i think by law they have to give you the final closing disclosure which has the costs like the HUD statement at least 3 days prior to closing 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.