Frequent Contributor

Closing cost estimation

How do I estimate closing cost. I already closed on my lot, and purchased it. I paid title insurance, and now have builders insurance on the lot,b ecause it's in my name I have to insure property.

What other cost will I have, and how do I estimate. Thank you in advance

Starting Score: 656
Current Score: 678 TU 08, 665 EQ MyFico, 698 EX PSECU
Goal Score: 7OO needed for Mortgage application

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing cost estimation

Contract Sale Price:   119,500

Our Origination Charge           2239.39

Appraisal Fee                            375.00

Credit Report                               22.50

Flood Certification                        20.00

Homeowner's Insurance            708.54

Settlment or Closing Fee           700.00

owner's Title insurance              400.00

Lender's Title Insurance              50.00

Lender CPL                                 25.00

City/County tax/stamp               159.57

Total                                         4700.00

I ended up paying $1000.00 in earnest money and I got something like $483.00 back at the table the MB made a mistake and hired two attorneys but so she may have cheated me out of $450.00 because the Sellers basically took care of my closing cost.  My Realtor told me the truth about the Attorney fiasco, so pay close attention to your GFE and HUD1 statement.  I received my HUD1 statement at the closing table. 

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Closing cost estimation

My real estate agent and LO have both said that closing costs average to be about 3%-4% of the loan, as least in my area.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.