Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing costs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing costs

So we are supposed to be closing today @ 11:30am.  I just called the title company to get final amount needed.  They tell me $7,702 and it is still dependent on the final HUD.  My GFE said the amount needed would be ~$6,100.  Isn't that a too big of an increase in closing costs??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing costs

Our final HUD was lower than what the title company had estimated. It ended up about half of what was on my GFE after the tax proration and the things we split with the seller.  Hopefully your LO or realtor will get your final #s to you soon.  Congrats!!!

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 2 of 10
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Look on your GFE on page 3. There are three columns that tell you what can't change, what can change 10% and what can change with no limits. Compare the old GFE to the new one. I am sure they can explain before closing any differences. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened was that the mortgage company assumed that the builder was paying the title insurance, wrong!  Now they're saying that the deal probably won't go through unless the builder agrees to pay it since I would have to go through underwriting all over again since that's how everything was written up.

Message 4 of 10
Booner72
Senior Contributor

OMG. 

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What happened was that the mortgage company assumed that the builder was paying the title insurance, wrong!  Now they're saying that the deal probably won't go through unless the builder agrees to pay it since I would have to go through underwriting all over again since that's how everything was written up.

Ekkk!  I hope your builder pays. 

Message 6 of 10
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We were told that's usual and customary to split the title ins with the seller.  Have you talked to your LO about going through UW again?  I'd ask about whether or not in your state they write it up so that the seller pays half for the title insurance.
Good luck, keep us posted!

myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 7 of 10
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Hopefully you are too busy to respond to this thread because you are moving into your new home! 

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got to close Monday afternoon, got keys Tuesday.  What a huge headache it was up until the last minute.  Finally glad the whole process is over after 8 months, first builder problems then mortgage problems.  Finally can get rid of a lot of stress.

Message 9 of 10
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations!  Buying a home is hard work! Smiley Happy

myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.