Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing costs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing costs?

This question is for those who have already purchased a house. What percentage of the purchase price did you have to pay for closing costs out of your pocket and how much did the seller put in? Im trying to get an idea thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing costs?

In my case, Seller paid 3% of the purchase price against closing costs.  I understand that's a pretty common percentage especially at the time I purchase the home (08/08) and in my area (MN). 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

In my case, Seller paid 3% of the purchase price against closing costs.  I understand that's a pretty common percentage especially at the time I purchase the home (08/08) and in my area (MN). 

Were there closing costs remaining after the seller paid 3%?  I've heard closing costs can be up to 6%, and I really don't want to pay any closing costs if I can help it.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing costs vary alot usually in th 4-6% range.  It depends on the loan fees, the fees charged by title, etc in your area, and the date on which you close. 
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not closed yet, but we are under contract. On a $200,000 home with 3.5% and the upfront FHA fee included in the loan, we were quoted $5336 in closing costs with 1 point, so about 2.6% which my lender said was normal for an FHA loan. We are under contract for $198,000 with $5300 in seller paid closing costs. We decided to buy down another .25% for $489, so our closing costs are slightly higher than the $5300, but our realtor also agreed to give us a $1000 credit on his commission (actually, he is technically giving it to the seller and they are giving us $1000 more for closing), so all of our closing costs and an additional $250 upfront HOA fee will be covered and there will be a little left over applied to our principal. We have already paid for the appraisal upfront, so we will get that back towards our down payment at closing. The only other thing we had to pay for was the inspection as it is voluntary and not refundable, so we will end up paying $425 total in addition to our down payment. I hope that made sense. 
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchase Price $159,500 + $4,500 closing costs......

$8,000 Down Payment 

Final LOAN price $154,100......

I went FHA so they rolled in the up-front mortgage................ 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

In our case the sellar(builder) is paying all closing cost.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.