Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing disclosures but no clear to close...HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing disclosures but no clear to close...HELP

We are supposed to close on both the house we are selling and our new house next week. We have our clear to close. However, the buyers of our house do not have theirs yet. They did receive the closing disclosures this week. Is this a good sign? How often does this happen? Should i be worried??? Could everything just fall through? I have details since it’s not our loan.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing disclosures but no clear to close...HELP

The Preliminary CD (as my company calls it) is required to be delivered at least 3 days prior to your Closing or RESPA requires your closing to be postponed.   

Unless anyone has already "dropped the bomb" on you regarding any other trouble your "buyers" are having it's likely to be no big deal and business as usual, but certainly reach out to your Agent so they can get in touch with the Buyer's Agent to ensure everything is copacetic. 

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing disclosures but no clear to close...HELP

My realtor keeps reassuring me that it’s routine and not to worry. He said it’s good that they did send the closing disclosures. He said this happens all the time and you can get the clear to close even the day before and all is well. This is so nerve wracking.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.