cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing held up! Help

tag
DianaD

Closing held up! Help

Ok so I was suppose to close on my loan august 1st.  A week before I was told that there was a comment that needed to be removed by me on equifax. I called equifax and they told me it was take 72 hrs and they sent me a confirmation email once it was done.  I let my mortgage company know no they said ok.  August 1st rolled in after I had already received my confirmation email from equifax that the comment was still there. They r/s to August 8th. I called equifax once again and they told me it was off already.  I told my mortgage company and they r/s to the 13th.  The 13th comes around they pull it, it's STILL there! My loan processed calls the CA I guess to update the system and they have me sign a letter stating I do the dispute anything on my CR. They tell her it will take 5 days to get it removed.  I also called the famous Dorathy ( who was very fabulous and I recommend her for sure)from equifax and explained the situation and she said that that dispute comment was removed and there are on disputes on my account.  I only have 12 more days till the lease is up and my landlord won't let me do mth to mth and already has new renters lined up.  

Has this ever happened to anyone, the lender says it's still there but equifax says it's been removed.? What on earth could possibly be going on? It's the only thing holding me from closing ? Do you think it could be that equifax was not the only CA reporting a comment,? because when they had me sign the letter 5 days ago they sent too the CA saying I was not disputing anything it was addressed to EQ, TU, and EX and originally my LO told me it was only equifax. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing held up! Help

Shane's signature has a link for the best way to remove disputes for mortgage loan http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Best-Way-to-Remove-quot-Account-In-Dispute-quot-for-M...  I know it's late in the game, but I would start there.  He states "The customer service rep should be able to immediately end the dispute, as in during the phone call."  Look at his post for more specifics.

Equifax

1550 Peachtree St, NW

Atlanta, GA 30309

404-885-8300 is answered by a live human being, tell them you need to speak with someone in the Executive Consumer Service department.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
janie1234
Established Member

ours did the same thing but w/ Transunion, they said it was gone, but the credit service the bank used showed it was still there. I have no idea other than i heard that some collection companies will continue to resubmit the dispute in your statement all the time in order to try to force you into paying it off.  I would think it would be harrassement and illegal but until someone sues them i guess they will continue to get away with it.  Good luck!!!

Credit journey started in 2012
TU - 631, EQ - 550 & EX - 601

6/6/14 Lender Pull

TU- 724, EQ - 680 & EX-686

Current Goal scores 700 across the board

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@DianaD wrote:

Ok so I was suppose to close on my loan august 1st.  A week before I was told that there was a comment that needed to be removed by me on equifax. I called equifax and they told me it was take 72 hrs and they sent me a confirmation email once it was done.  I let my mortgage company know no they said ok.  August 1st rolled in after I had already received my confirmation email from equifax that the comment was still there. They r/s to August 8th. I called equifax once again and they told me it was off already.  I told my mortgage company and they r/s to the 13th.  The 13th comes around they pull it, it's STILL there! My loan processed calls the CA I guess to update the system and they have me sign a letter stating I do the dispute anything on my CR. They tell her it will take 5 days to get it removed.  I also called the famous Dorathy ( who was very fabulous and I recommend her for sure)from equifax and explained the situation and she said that that dispute comment was removed and there are on disputes on my account.  I only have 12 more days till the lease is up and my landlord won't let me do mth to mth and already has new renters lined up.  

Has this ever happened to anyone, the lender says it's still there but equifax says it's been removed.? What on earth could possibly be going on? It's the only thing holding me from closing ? Do you think it could be that equifax was not the only CA reporting a comment,? loan officer can call their credit company and answer that in 2 minutes  because when they had me sign the letter 5 days ago they sent too the CA saying I was not disputing anything it was addressed to EQ, TU, and EX and originally my LO told me it was only equifax. 

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.