Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing in 2 days, quick question(s)!

tag
tehpud
New Contributor

Closing in 2 days, quick question(s)!

Everything is scheduled for closing first thing Friday morning (22nd) at 9am!  Underwriter gave his final approval 2 days ago (18th).  Closer sent the final closing documents to the Title Company.  Seller has signed and sent them overnight back (doesn't live in the state) and everything is going well...finally.

Question:

1.  My credit was pulled on the 16th of June.  Which was 35 days ago.  Closing day will make it 37.  I have had to do 2 credit supplements to verify payoff of some debts the lender required.  My loan is a conventional loan, btw.  Will they pull again the day before or day off closing?  I haven't gotten any reports of any pulls since the first one.  Guessing the supplements counted as a refresh?

2.  If they do pull again, my every day CC has a very low $250 balance and a monthly payment of $25 ($10k limit).  The first pull made it had a $0 balance as I PIF every month.  I doubt this will pose a problem, but just want to be safe.  I can pay it off in full tomorrow before closing to make a $0 balance, but I don't see it being necessary.  Should I worry about this?

Hoping Friday goes nice and smooth, but if I can do anything between now and then to help I will.  I'm not using my cards for anything and no major purchases have been made since my first pull.  Just major damn debt payments lol.

Starting Score: 507 TU | 549 EX | 525 EQ // 05/11
Current Score: 773TU | 740 EX | 751 EQ // 06/13
Goal Score: 775 TU | 795 EX | 745 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Closing in 2 days, quick question(s)!

@tehpud wrote:

Everything is scheduled for closing first thing Friday morning (22nd) at 9am!  Underwriter gave his final approval 2 days ago (18th).  Closer sent the final closing documents to the Title Company.  Seller has signed and sent them overnight back (doesn't live in the state) and everything is going well...finally.

Question:

1.  My credit was pulled on the 16th of June.  Which was 35 days ago.  Closing day will make it 37.  I have had to do 2 credit supplements to verify payoff of some debts the lender required.  My loan is a conventional loan, btw.  Will they pull again the day before or day off closing?  I haven't gotten any reports of any pulls since the first one.  Guessing the supplements counted as a refresh?

2.  If they do pull again, my every day CC has a very low $250 balance and a monthly payment of $25 ($10k limit).  The first pull made it had a $0 balance as I PIF every month.  I doubt this will pose a problem, but just want to be safe.  I can pay it off in full tomorrow before closing to make a $0 balance, but I don't see it being necessary.  Should I worry about this?

Hoping Friday goes nice and smooth, but if I can do anything between now and then to help I will.  I'm not using my cards for anything and no major purchases have been made since my first pull.  Just major damn debt payments lol.

1. depends on the lender, when I bought my house my lender did a hard pull a week before closing then a SP a day or so before closing

2. unless the $25 min payment will wreck your DTI it shouldn't matter as any pull they will do is looking for primarily new accounts or major accumulation of debt (at least that is what my lender told me); they don't even generate a score to go with the pulls right before closing.

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

they will do a soft pull..... if they havent already

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
tehpud
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies...

Discovered that one of the CC's I was worried about doesn't even report to the CBs.  Paid it in full, but hey...good to know.

The other one will post up today a $0 balance, but the monthly should not effect my DTI negatively.  At worst, I can show them the $0 balance and PIF. 

So far no issues though, keeping fingers crossed.  Closing is just under 18 hours away!

Starting Score: 507 TU | 549 EX | 525 EQ // 05/11
Current Score: 773TU | 740 EX | 751 EQ // 06/13
Goal Score: 775 TU | 795 EX | 745 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.