cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing in 8 days -- still no appraisal --- options??

tag
Asailorshort
Regular Contributor

Closing in 8 days -- still no appraisal --- options??

We're supposed to close in 8 days and we're still awaiting the VA appraisal.  It was ordered on the 15th of August.  The appraiser was out at the house the week after that.  The appraisal was due no later than 26 August.  Numerous calls to both lender and VA haven't gotten results (though both lender and VA are now also calling appraiser).  As there are almost always repairs needed to close on a VA loan, it's looking very doubtful that we'll close on time (particularly since both us  and the seller live in different states than the property is in). 

I don't know what else to do to get the appraiser to submit the actual appraisal.  He won't answer or return my phone calls.  Our lender states the same thing.  The Va, as grumpy as everyone I've talked to there is, says they will call/have called the appraiser as well (but each time I call, I get a new person answering the phone, so it's like starting from scratch with the VA every time).  Is there something else I can be doing to retart this stalled process?  We're desperate for some kind of movement on this process.  If we don't close on time, we're at risk of losing the house.

Starting FICO 667 (5/2012) EQ
672 (7/2012) EQ. 681 (8/1/12) EQ
Current FICO 682 (10/13/12) EQ; 718 (10/13/12) TU
Goal: 760+ but 700-720 by jan 2013
No new apps tll jul 2013
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SeaDog1957
Established Member

Re: Closing in 8 days -- still no appraisal --- options??

It took 14 calendar days for us to get appraisal back after the appraiser saw the house. I'm in South Carolina. Issue was the appraiser had a hard time finding comps (it is a Lake House). Good Luck!

Lender Pull Dec 2012 EQ 618
MyFICO Site: June 21 TU 700 EX 731 EQ 684
Lender Pull June 26: TU 686 EX 704 EQ 684
MyFICO Site: Sep 12 TU 700 EX 732 EQ 689
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.