Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing in a week but underwriting has not seen file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing in a week but underwriting has not seen file

I'm scheduled to close Monday the 21st But our file has not made its way to underwriting. We had to remove dispute comments (old dispute closed a long time ago) from a student loan and our file will be sent to underwriting sometime next week. Is this normal? Is closing in time possible?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Closing in a week but underwriting has not seen file

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm scheduled to close Monday the 21st But our file has not made its way to underwriting. We had to remove dispute comments (old dispute closed a long time ago) from a student loan and our file will be sent to underwriting sometime next week. Is this normal? Is closing in time possible?

A mortgage loan (assuming everything is in order) *can* be done in something like 3 days with the lenders I've worked for... but generally it takes someone beyond the LO walking the file through.  Most lenders are on a FIFO basis for UW and the queue is slow in my experience.

Ask your LO if it's still feasible as that's going to vary on a lender by lender basis, and the file might've already been socialized with UW, maybe.  Again ask your individual LO Smiley Happy.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.