Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing later today but don't want to. Help

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Closing later today but don't want to. Help

@Vegas247 wrote:

My closing is later today at 3:30pm pacific time zone. Thinking my wife would treat me better and be proud of me, but she still bosses me around, yells at me and calls me horrible names, while in front of the kids. I tell her she doesn't deserve a house or me. She yells back that she couldn't care less and hopes I get into a car accident and die. For 11 years I have had to put up with this. She gets her way because I always give in and I guess I'm all bark and no bite, and thinking  something special like buying a home for my family would stop her from easily popping off and putting me down.... I thought wrong..  

My question is what would happen if I don't sign my closing documents to close on the house? I put $5,000 earnest money in escrow on a house is 399k (appraised at 407k) supposed to put 10 percent down? Everything is approved and all I have is to sign and bring a cashiers check or have the funds wired.

Wow, Vegas, without reading rest:  I am so sorry.  Perhaps a divorce lawyer would have been a better choice?  I presume you did not sign.  She does not deserve you.

Signature needs updating
Message 21 of 22
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Closing later today but don't want to. Help

FWIW, I had a buyer back out of a purchase contract last year (investor/builder that was having cash flow issues on prior properties) and told be a month before closing he would NOT be able to close. I gained a $10,000 earnest money check, but lost the sale - back to square one. Sold the property 3 months later for $15k less so it ended up basically a wash other than the pressure to sell the property (it was not a pending sale so I could move into a new property).

Should you choose not to close, for whatever reason, chances are you'll just lose your earnest money based on the terms of your contract - not reading it is no excuse so I doubt you can get that part waived. As far as the relationship issue, I'm not going to comment on that.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.