Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing on the 10th -- who else?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing on the 10th -- who else?

They've handled the new baby wonderfully. I'm a little concerned about the transition to the new house...they've shared a room since my second was born, and now my oldest (5) will be in her own room and the 3-year-old and baby will be sharing. The kids will all be on the second floor and the master's on the first. I think they may have some fears in the beginning. Oh well. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully yours do great too!
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a nervous wreck today!! So excited for tomorrow. I just bought paint for the kids' rooms!
Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am scheduled to close on my 1st house on Friday, 9/11 at 4:00.  I got the clear to close 8/26 (we rushed the approval because seller wanted to close by end of August/1st week of September - and then found out the seller's current renters were not moving out til 9/11 so had to push it back).  Not that I would have chosen that date but seemed silly to wait til Monday, 9/14 and lose an extra weekend to move.  Someone told me I was taking 9/11 back and it will be good to have a positive memory associated to that day.

I am super nervous too - although I don't have any reason to think anything would change in the next 48 hours.  I'm just not a natural optimist I guess.  Today is the final walkthrough so fingers crossed.

And my 2.5 year old daughter is definitely stressed and extra clingy, although she'll say she wants to go to the new house (well actually she thinks it's the realtor's house and says "can we go to Steve's house?").  Everything definitely seems crazy at our small duplex - packing with a toddler is going slow - and we're running out of room for boxes.  So anxious to start moving small loads this weekend and get the move over with by end of month.

This forum is so just amazingly helpful.  Thanks to everyone who contributes and makes us all better educated borrowers!! 

TU 737 6/24/09

EQ 729 6/24/09
EX 781 6/24/09 (FICO from LO)

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

My girls have shared a room since the 2nd was born also... can't remember if I mentioned, the oldest is 8 and then a 5 year old.  Our oldest will have her own room and then the 5 year old and baby will share.  Luckily all our bedrooms are on one level.  We do have an additional bedroom in the basement that will eventually be our oldest's room - maybe when she's 10 and we feel she's old enough.

My hubby just went and got the check for closing all ready - can't wait for tomorrow!  Best of luck to you and I will update when we are in Smiley Happy 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

TennBelle - your daughter sounds so adorable Smiley Happy  Kids are too funny.  I hope things go smoothly for you and your family as well.

I have really loved being on this forum and sharing the ups and downs of the process. 

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final walk-through tonight went great...we were surprised with a brand new garage door opener, which now I think I did realize was asked for by the FHA appraisor, but I guess it had been overshadowed by other things. But hey, I'm happy! And got the numbers for settlement from my LO, and we owe $1500 less than he originally estimated. Awesome!! He told us when we got our GFE that he always overestimates, and he didn't lie. Less than 12 hours now!

We'll have to keep each other posted on how the little ones transition!! Libra, my 5-year-old just started kindergarten too, so a stressful time for her...how about yours? In school? 

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the word used "Educated Borrowers" by you. But then we have to borrow and then planning out strategies of paying back.
Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are officially homeowners! How did closing go for everyone else?

We spent the day ripping out carpet and prepping the wood floors to be refinished, and I got my daughter's room 95% painted. Can't wait to get back to work over there tomorrow!

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be closing on the 9/25, I am confused on home insurance. Do anyone know what are the best insurance out there. please let me know. thank you.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing went so smoothly yesterday Smiley Happy  We were even surprised with a closing gift from our buyer's agent - a $75 gift card to Target (which is now less thana  minute from my front door - YEA!)...  My wonderful hubby and his awesome friend really got down to it and moved all of our furniture and other contents of our old home in about 12 hours yesterday.  They are both exhausted as you can imagine.  My girls did very well last night - we had them share the youngest's room for last night because the other room was full of furniture.  I think it was a wise decision so the youngest felt secure.  After work today I am off to get the rest of our clothes.

So glad everything went well for you, too! 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.