cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing on the 29th and My Scores wont MOVE!!!

tag
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing on the 29th and My Scores wont MOVE!!!

I would put $35 on the one that closes on the 18th, that way it will report to the credit bureaus by the 29th. It'll boost your scores a bit but +12 points is going to be quite a stretch, could be close.

Message 11 of 16
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You should find out from your relative when Citi updates his credit report. Typically CCCs update shortly after the statement cuts. So if you find out when your family member's statement comes out every month, you can possibly estimate when it should report. But knowing the actual reporting date will provide a more accurate prediction. Do you know which day this relative added you as an AU in the system?

I think being added as an AU to this person's card could help quite a bit because your limits are extremely low. Having a card with a $24K limit reflected on your report with 19% utilization should help your score a lot. Doing this to someone that already has higher limit cards won't help as much.

So go out and charge a case of pop and a pack of gum to your card and wait for it to report if your statement hasn't already come out this month. Be careful not to charge more than $20 as doing so will probably hurt your score. With your low limit cards, you don't have much wiggle room.

The reason leaving a card at 1-9% improves your score is because it shows usage. When all your cards report zero all the time, it appears that you aren't using the card, which makes it impossible to know whether or not you are USING credit responsibly. Zero reflects no usage so it is unclear to lenders that if you used it, would you use it responsibly.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 12 of 16
otite
Established Member

I was added as an AU on the 25th of Feb.. Not sure when his billing cycle ends.

My Cap One Visa will have a balance of $19 (Last report to the CRA was $0) when my statement ends on the 18th. This is what you advise right?

Should I be calling Cap one and beg that they remove that CO from 2008?

Thanks for all your insight everyone. Talking me of the ledge.

Message 13 of 16
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

If you were added on the 25th, you will definitely get the account reported by your closing date.

Yes that is what we advise.

I think requesting deletion of that charge off will just be icing on the cake.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 16
otite
Established Member

I looked at my Credit report from My Fico and saw 4 credit pulls since January from my LO. Can this be the reason why my Credit Score dropped or hasn't moved? Also, can the mortgage company/LO see that they are the reason for the score drop and still send my portfolio to the UW?

Message 15 of 16
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Yes it can be a reason since it is so spread out.

Does the LO or Broker know its causing your scores to drop? Probably not since a bigger percentage of LO's and Brokers have no clue how scoring works. Can you tell them about it? You sure can, but they usually have the attitude they know what there doing.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.