Contributor
greekjim

Closing question

So my mortgage broker just called me and said we can look at mortgage rates and lock one up now. So after doing countless conditions and what not, does this mean I am almost done now and can close soon?
EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Frequent Contributor
germaine47

Re: Closing question

Have you gone to UW?

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Established Contributor
namvet

greekjim wrote:
So my mortgage broker just called me and said we can look at mortgage rates and lock one up now. So after doing countless conditions and what not, does this mean I am almost done now and can close soon?  

When your LO calls you and tells you that you are Clear to Close then you are done and can get ready to sign your life away.  The rate lock has nothing to do with the final approval.  Good Luck!

Valued Contributor
boomhower

Your not done yet.  I locked on mine well before getting the clear to close, it was well before even going to UW.  Rate lock has nothing to do wit approval.

Regular Contributor
my25reasons

I am thinking the rate lock just means that you have met their qualifications during automated underwriting. As long as you have been upfront and honest with your LO, and nothing new pops up, you should move through manual underwriting just fine. Once manual underwriting is complete, you will receive your clear to close and set a closing date. Best of luck!

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}