Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing question

tag
greekjim
Contributor

Closing question

So my mortgage broker just called me and said we can look at mortgage rates and lock one up now. So after doing countless conditions and what not, does this mean I am almost done now and can close soon?
EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

Re: Closing question

Have you gone to UW?

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 2 of 5
namvet
Established Contributor

@greekjim wrote:
So my mortgage broker just called me and said we can look at mortgage rates and lock one up now. So after doing countless conditions and what not, does this mean I am almost done now and can close soon?  

When your LO calls you and tells you that you are Clear to Close then you are done and can get ready to sign your life away.  The rate lock has nothing to do with the final approval.  Good Luck!

Message 3 of 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Your not done yet.  I locked on mine well before getting the clear to close, it was well before even going to UW.  Rate lock has nothing to do wit approval.

Message 4 of 5
my25reasons
Regular Contributor

I am thinking the rate lock just means that you have met their qualifications during automated underwriting. As long as you have been upfront and honest with your LO, and nothing new pops up, you should move through manual underwriting just fine. Once manual underwriting is complete, you will receive your clear to close and set a closing date. Best of luck!

In my wallet:
Discover More / Chase Amazon / Chase Freedom /Chase Business Ink / Chase Slate / Capital One Cash Rewards / Walmart Discover / Kohls / JCPenny / Home Depot / Art Van

Experian Direct PLUS scores: Experian 744/ Equifax 763/ TU 744
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.