Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing set for 3/4 but no clear to close yet

tag
ajzjmsmom
Established Member

Closing set for 3/4 but no clear to close yet

We are supposed to close late Tuesday afternoon but are still waiting to get our clear to close.  The UW asked for an explanation of a large deposit last week, we sent it but the UW then told our LO to just wait to resubmit it when the appraisal came in, so she would only have to review it once, it was resubmitted on Thursday.  LO is still saying we will be able to close on Tuesday but I am getting nervous, was really hoping to hear something this afternoon.  Our LO doesn't seem concerned but my mind is imagining all sorts of things going wrong.  Our LO works for a mortgage investment group and everything is done in-house so I figure he probably knows what is going on.  I don't remember our other two closings being quite as stressful.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
redsox31324
New Contributor

Re: Closing set for 3/4 but no clear to close yet

I just wanted to say I know exactly how you feel. We're scheduled to close 4/9/14, and about to go into underwriting next week. All underwriting is done in house also and my LO used to be an underwriter for the same company. She keeps reassuring me that everything looks great, but of course I'm nervous. We just talked today, and she said well be in our house before we know it.
So I keep telling myself that we're in good hands and it'll be fine.
You're not alone!
Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Closing set for 3/4 but no clear to close yet

Take a deep breath and remember everyone wants this to close

The problem is that Underwriters are working on stacks of loans and none get preferential treatment

if things were just handed in on Thursday you should hopefully get the CTC Monday

and they can get docs out on time

very worst case you get a short extension

Sellers hate this but it happens

They are much better off waiting a day or two over starting over with someone else

Good Luck Keep us posted

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.