Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing time!!!

tag
cequia
Established Member

Closing time!!!

We did it!! I am closing on a gorgeous home in 45 minutes. The whole time I was prepared for so many hiccups and roadblocks and some days a flat out no. But it was like someone pressed the easy button, yes I wrote a few letters of explanation, but that took a whole 10 minutes to write three. I have a great loan officer at Wells Fargo, a great realtor and kinda wish the sellers lived in a different house on the street so they could stay, they even gave us a (very gently used) grill. It's feels a little like My First Place on HGTV.

From Ch 7 Bankruptcy and low 500s to mid/high 600s and gleaming bamboo floors. I'm finally going to live where the green grass grows!!!

Starting Score: 497
Current Score: 649 EQ; 679 TU
Goal Score: 660

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Re: Closing time!!!

What a wonderful story - congrats on your new home Smiley Happy

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 2 of 9
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Congrats!!

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! That's great news!

Message 4 of 9
kelli1970
Contributor

Congratulations!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EQ 610 EX 601
Current Score: TU 683 EQ 661 EX 677
Goal Score: 710

Message 5 of 9
wednesdayaddamsd
Regular Contributor

Congratulations! Your story gave me warm fuzzies. Many blessings to you and your family. May you create many good memories in your new home! Smiley Surprised)

Amex PRG. Amex Blue. Amex ED. Cap 1 Quiksilver. Saks Fifth Avenue. Neiman Marcus. Grandin Road. Target Red Card. Barclay Rewards. Home Depot. Paypal BML. Affirm. Victoria's Secret. Care Credit. Lumber Liquidators. Art Van. Evine. Firestone. Discount Tire. Discover IT.
Message 6 of 9
dpage
Contributor

Congrats on your new home!  Just curious to know, how long did your underwriting process take?

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 7 of 9
cequia
Established Member

@dpage wrote:

Congrats on your new home!  Just curious to know, how long did your underwriting process take?

Actually, it only took about three days. Sometimes things just get a little backlogged with the great rates enticing people to jump into the market. Just make sure you are available to respond to any last request ASAP. I literally gave them a 3 inch binder with EVERYTHING they could possibly ever want that I compiled before I applied.

Starting Score: 497
Current Score: 649 EQ; 679 TU
Goal Score: 660

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I love reading the success stories on here. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.