Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing today - absolutely terrified.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing today - absolutely terrified.

I have been working on the USDA direct loan process since August. So many headaches, bad days, and tears over this whole situation, but finally after being told we might not get funding until June just last month, we're finally closing today! We were initially told our closing costs would be about $450, then it was reduced to about $199, and then on Wednesday we were told we didn't need to bring anything at all, just our ID's and insurance binder. However, as exciting as all this is, I'm starting to panic. I'm actually buying a house. My husband and I married extremely young and started a family soon after, so it just feels like we're finally growing up. We're now adults. It's scary! I hope this is a common feeling! 

For people who are struggling with the USDA direct loan process, all I can say is that it is worth it in the end. It's generally a long, tortuous process (I've been working on this loan since August 2010, my mother in law took 9 months from beginning to end) but when your closing day comes, it's a great feeling to know that it's finally over. As for these boards, the people here offer priceless information and I honestly don't think I would be buying a house today if I didn't find FICO forums last year. 

Now I can finally breathe and enjoy a glass (or three) of wine. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Closing today - absolutely terrified.

Congrats!! I know all about the emotions you have experienced because I am on the same path, hoping to close at the end of May. Best of luck to you guys!!!!

Message 2 of 4
guydiver
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your new home, you should be very proud of yourselves.  Just one little bit of advice.  Keep reading on these boards.  The credit forums are priceless with the information they provide.  You couldn't pay any amount of money to get better advice for your credit profile than you can get here.  I wish I knew then what I know now.  Good luck, and congrats again.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awww Congrats!!!!! Well worth the wait!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.