Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing!

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Closing!

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

they will offer you a bottled water and sit accross the table with an endless stack of papers to sign.

funding should happen very quickly after that.

Funny, that's exactly what happened in my case. They gave me a bottle of water and here I was signing away.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Heres a question, I had to pay a full year of Homeowners Insurance, then i am paying into my escrow starting first payment, but on my closing cost statement, it has $600 for pre paid homeowners insurance costs?    Why do i have to pay 3 times for the same thing?

Message 12 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Because you have to pre-pay insurance one year in advance. Then the lender will collect at least 2 months worth of the payment at closing to put into your escrow account so next year when the bill is due (about 60 days in advance) the lender will deduct the next years insurance payment from your escrow and pay another whole year in advance. Insurance is always paid annually in advance.

@Anonymous wrote:

Heres a question, I had to pay a full year of Homeowners Insurance, then i am paying into my escrow starting first payment, but on my closing cost statement, it has $600 for pre paid homeowners insurance costs?    Why do i have to pay 3 times for the same thing?

Message 13 of 14
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Expect to sign your life away in exchange for a cashier's check and a set of keys. Definitely one of the best feelings up there with graduating from college and buying a car. Well, those are the only two other major life experiences I've had so far other than buying a home.

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.