Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection on Experian Only Questions

tag
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Collection on Experian Only Questions

I am in the middle of buying my first home. I have used myFico to pull my scores and so has my co-borrower.

My Mortgage Scores are

656 Equifax

639 Transunion

637 Experian

I plan on paying down my 1 credit card I owe on. I owe 3000 on a 5500 limit. I will have this down to under 2k when I app in December.

The issue arises with my co-borrower.

Their mortgage scores are

667 Equifax

669 Transunion

597 Experian

I studied the Fico reports and there are 3 collections on that bureau only. They are for centurylink for 226, comcast for 234 and some medical one for 200. The comcast and centurylink make no sense because they have never had either service. They live out in a rural area that doesnt offer either of those-  making it impossible for them to of even signed up. They claimed to have disputed it before and it came back valid. I redisputed the centurylink and comast and will see what happens with the dispute. I have till December.

What would your guys advice be fore the collections? I want to make sure there arent any troubles come December. I understand they use the middle score, but want to make sure.

We plan on doing FHA, have a DTI of 17% which I calculate will climb to about 27% once the mortgage and associated dues are factored in. Income is over 150k with 5 years on my job and the coborrower with their company for 36 years.

Any advice for the three collections? Will they impact me when trying to do my mortgage?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collection on Experian Only Questions

@ashjt2011 wrote:

I am in the middle of buying my first home. I have used myFico to pull my scores and so has my co-borrower.

My Mortgage Scores are

656 Equifax

639 Transunion

637 Experian

I plan on paying down my 1 credit card I owe on. I owe 3000 on a 5500 limit. I will have this down to under 2k when I app in December.

The issue arises with my co-borrower.

Their mortgage scores are

667 Equifax

669 Transunion

597 Experian

I studied the Fico reports and there are 3 collections on that bureau only. They are for centurylink for 226, comcast for 234 and some medical one for 200. The comcast and centurylink make no sense because they have never had either service. They live out in a rural area that doesnt offer either of those-  making it impossible for them to of even signed up. They claimed to have disputed it before and it came back valid. I redisputed the centurylink and comast and will see what happens with the dispute. I have till December.

What would your guys advice be fore the collections? I want to make sure there arent any troubles come December. I understand they use the middle score, but want to make sure.

We plan on doing FHA, have a DTI of 17% which I calculate will climb to about 27% once the mortgage and associated dues are factored in. Income is over 150k with 5 years on my job and the coborrower with their company for 36 years.

Any advice for the three collections? Will they impact me when trying to do my mortgage?

For the Comcast account it's best to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to rectify the problem more quickly.    

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would file either a direct dispute with comcast or use the ID theft provision from the FCRA as it is very possible someone may have started service in your co-borrowers name illegally.

Message 3 of 8
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

I just submitted complaints with the BBB for both Centurylink and Comast. We will see how far this gets me. I also have active credit bureau disputes going so hopefully one method provides some resolution and quick. I don't want this affecting my mortgage application. What are your thoughts on the medical collection for 269?

Also mentioned was the ID theft from the FCRA - how do I go about doing this?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ashjt2011 wrote:

I just submitted complaints with the BBB for both Centurylink and Comast. We will see how far this gets me. I also have active credit bureau disputes going so hopefully one method provides some resolution and quick. I don't want this affecting my mortgage application. What are your thoughts on the medical collection for 269?

Also mentioned was the ID theft from the FCRA - how do I go about doing this?

See if you can get a pay for delete in writing.  Don't mention anything to them about wanting to  buy a house.  Just say you're wanting to clean up your credit.    

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice!

I got the results back from Experian today - they deleted both accounts already. When I signed into experian to see my new report - it even showed the medical collection as gone.

How long should I wait before re-buying my report from myFico? I want to see how much my mortgage score increased and I wanted a second source to verify that the accounts are gone.

Message 6 of 8
2b2rich
Established Contributor

@ashjt2011 wrote:

The comcast and centurylink make no sense because they have never had either service. They live out in a rural area that doesnt offer either of those-  making it impossible for them to of even signed up. They claimed to have disputed it before and it came back valid. I redisputed the centurylink and comast and will see what happens with the dispute. I have till December.

You don't say how old any of these debts are claimed to be, it would maybe help with some of the options we could provide, but assuming they're still with the OCs  (Comcast & CenturyLink), and only being reported by collection agencies then the info may be more available.

They will have to provide the address that these services were provided at.  If the companies did not have service in that area, more specifically that address, then there is your proof.  Hard to imagine two companies would make that sort of mistake though, so I am wondering if someone, maybe a relative or friend of theirs, had service connected at another location without them being aware.  If that is the case, then you can check out the address the service was provided at and find out who lived there during that time.  This would be the time that they would need to file ID theft reports with the police dept and send them to the credit bureaus and they will be removed.

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 7 of 8
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

In case anyone was confused - amash515 is my coborrowers user name. Must've been left signed on when I thought I was under my name!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.