Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections Question

tag
katiemacsmom

Collections Question

Hi All,

We're finally getting ready to launch into the home build process. Conventional financing; not FHA.  

I have a collection from 2009 on my report that I had disputed a long time ago. For some reason all 3 bureau's have different DOFD with this debt. I called TU and got early exclusion because it was due to age off in May.  With EQ and EX, it's not eligible for early exclusion until January and April.  So, if I app in this month or January and that collection is on 1 or more of my reports, but it comes off before closing in July, will I have to show satisfaction of it to close?  Is there a chance that it being on there could keep us from getting pre-approved in the first place (assuming we meet all the other necessary criteria for approval)?  It's for $7,100 to Midland.  The original debt was Chase.  Is my best route to call Midland and see if they'll PFD?  I kind of hate to do that since it's so close to falling off. 

Thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Collections Question

Personally, I wouldn't do a PFD of that amount this close to a home purchase. The best thing to do would be to get with the LO and ask if it needs to be addressed.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.