New Contributor
heathuhhhhwebbbb

Collections on Credit Reporting

Just a question.  I'm planning to try to get a house in about 6 months to a year, and am wondering how picky lenders are when it comes to medical collections on your credit reports.  I have 2 that show up on my Equifax, 1 showing up on Experian, and none on my Transunion (not sure why the variation).  Both DOFD are from March 2011, and one is for $150 and one for $400.  I tried PFD but haven't received any response yet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Valued Contributor
tooleman694

Re: Collections on Credit Reporting

Worst case they will ask you to pay them off. Probably wont even be asked about them.

webhopper

Re: Collections on Credit Reporting

heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

Just a question.  I'm planning to try to get a house in about 6 months to a year, and am wondering how picky lenders are when it comes to medical collections on your credit reports.  I have 2 that show up on my Equifax, 1 showing up on Experian, and none on my Transunion (not sure why the variation).  Both DOFD are from March 2011, and one is for $150 and one for $400.  I tried PFD but haven't received any response yet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Collections can put your loan at risk if the amount is very large...    In some / most states, the creditor can take you to court and get a judgement for these amounts, which can lead to a garnishment of your wages.    A lender will protect himself by making sure that you are not at risk of having a judgment filed since the judgment can be made and can result in a lien on the home or a garnishment of your paychecks.  If your checks are getting garnished, or  your bank account gets a lien, then that would hinder your ability to pay the mortgage...   So basically the lender is just trying to cover the bases and make sure that there isn't a lot of risk floating out there.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+