Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collections on Credit Reporting

tag
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

Collections on Credit Reporting

Just a question.  I'm planning to try to get a house in about 6 months to a year, and am wondering how picky lenders are when it comes to medical collections on your credit reports.  I have 2 that show up on my Equifax, 1 showing up on Experian, and none on my Transunion (not sure why the variation).  Both DOFD are from March 2011, and one is for $150 and one for $400.  I tried PFD but haven't received any response yet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Collections on Credit Reporting

Worst case they will ask you to pay them off. Probably wont even be asked about them.

Message 2 of 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collections on Credit Reporting

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

Just a question.  I'm planning to try to get a house in about 6 months to a year, and am wondering how picky lenders are when it comes to medical collections on your credit reports.  I have 2 that show up on my Equifax, 1 showing up on Experian, and none on my Transunion (not sure why the variation).  Both DOFD are from March 2011, and one is for $150 and one for $400.  I tried PFD but haven't received any response yet.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Collections can put your loan at risk if the amount is very large...    In some / most states, the creditor can take you to court and get a judgement for these amounts, which can lead to a garnishment of your wages.    A lender will protect himself by making sure that you are not at risk of having a judgment filed since the judgment can be made and can result in a lien on the home or a garnishment of your paychecks.  If your checks are getting garnished, or  your bank account gets a lien, then that would hinder your ability to pay the mortgage...   So basically the lender is just trying to cover the bases and make sure that there isn't a lot of risk floating out there.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.