Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed Short Sale / New Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completed Short Sale / New Loan

My Short Sale was completed in Sept 2012.

My Current Score is about 720 There was no lates reported on my home loan or any loans on my report.

We had to short sale because of extenuating circumstances - Divorce.

How do I go about getting another loan

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Completed Short Sale / New Loan

Depends on the type of loan.

I have only done a few loans after short sale with less then the waiting period, and both were with FHA.

FHA says... If the Borrower is considered eligible for a new FHA mortgage if, from the date of loan application, all monthly mortgage payments due on the prior mortgage were made within the month due for the previous 12 month period preceeding the short sale and installment debt payments for the same time period were also made within the month due.

When it comes to extenuating circumstances exceptions can also be made, but with FHA is usually only needed when was in default of original loan.

What usually happens is Lenders have overlay requirements that may impact how things are looked upon.

Best advice would be to speak with a few LO's or Brokers, hopefully they have a good relationship with a few UW's, and see what your options are, and how to proceed, if you would qualify.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.