Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Department..

tag
apeydee416
Contributor

Compliance Department..

Got an update saying that our file was sent to underwriting on Friday and is with the compliance department today - then it will be in the underwriting queue. Not to sound ignorant, but I didn't realize there was another department in between processing and underwriting. Can someone give me some insight?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Compliance Department..

Most lenders have compliance auditors that spot check loans to make sure they are being underwritten/processed correctly. Usually does not cause a problem unless the underwriter/processor missed anything they should have. Just slows you down a bit usually, but not by much.

Message 2 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Most lenders have compliance auditors that spot check loans to make sure they are being underwritten/processed correctly. Usually does not cause a problem unless the underwriter/processor missed anything they should have. Just slows you down a bit usually, but not by much.

Yes ^^^, completely normal. Also called QC or quality control dept.

Message 3 of 8
apeydee416
Contributor

I guess my confusion lies with it going to a QC check before underwriting.

Also, does the time the file spends in queue a part of the 3-5 days generic estimate they give?

Message 4 of 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

it's not uncommon to go through QC before underwriting.  the hope is that underwriting will go quicker since it's been reviewed multiple times before it gets to them.  Mine went through QC before underwriting also.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 8
apeydee416
Contributor

Thats good to know, my LO emailed me a few hours ago and said that it cleared compliance and now its in the queue. He said that was a good thing, so here's hoping.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My loan has cleared underwriting and is now in final quality control since yesterday morning. Just waiting on the clear to close. They were hoping to schedule closing for tomorrow. Lender is in CA, so they are 3 hours behind me. I am SOOOOO TIRED of waiting. I am sure plenty on here feel the same. 

Message 7 of 8
apeydee416
Contributor

I feel like my whole process is going backwards - but heres hoping that clearing compliance results in a smoother trip to the UW.

I think what is making me so nervous is that my file has not even been seen by an UW at this point. We are talking 6 weeks later, after appraisal was done and homeowners was obtained and the rate was locked. It's all very bizarre.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.