Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Approval / Underwriter

tag
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Conditional Approval / Underwriter

Okay Fico! I have a conditional approval and could not have done it without my fellow members! 

I have a good question for you.

The underwriter is asking for:

·        Letter of Explanation regarding the inquiry for Capital One on 11/27/12.  If you received a credit card, please provide the account # and balance on card

I was denied a credit card at that time. Should I tell them I was Credit Card hunting or..... tell them I was applying for a Credit card and was denied??

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: Conditional Approval / Underwriter

@rightcoast wrote:

Okay Fico! I have a conditional approval and could not have done it without my fellow members! 

I have a good question for you.

The underwriter is asking for:

·        Letter of Explanation regarding the inquiry for Capital One on 11/27/12.  If you received a credit card, please provide the account # and balance on card

I was denied a credit card at that time. Should I tell them I was Credit Card hunting or..... tell them I was applying for a Credit card and was denied??

I would say this:

"The reason the inquiry appears on my credit report is because I applied for a Capital One card however no new account was opened by Capital One and no  debt was incurred."

That's basically what I wrote in a letter for a card I was denied for and it was accepted by the underwriter.

Message 2 of 5
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Sounds good! I will do just that

Thanks!

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 3 of 5
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

I told my loan officer something similar when we went over all of my accounts.  I think the biggest concern is the fact that there is no corresponding card reporting, so they want to verify if there is an additional balance that they're not aware of.

Message 4 of 5
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Yep just write what Mike said to write. That is the standard response.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.