Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional approval

Does this mean the application has been to underwriting already?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: Conditional approval

Yes.

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 5
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does this mean the application has been to underwriting already?

Kind of.... it means on face value the loan meets approval specs. You should see a list of conditional terms being required to be satisfied such income, tax returns, SSN verification, assets and credit report concerns appraisal, etc. Once everything is provided with "no issues" you'll get a cleared to close statement or letter. 

I just went through a refinance and we got the "conditional letter of approval" 2 days after submitting the application - there were 20 "conditions-requirements" that had to be met - none of them too difficult (faxing in documents, signing a few forms, paying off the old mortgage and HELOC, etc). 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had turned over all our tax w2 pay stubs bank statements prior to this
Message 4 of 5
me12345
Frequent Contributor

Yes, the Underwriter has reviewed the file and has Conditionaly "Approved It" ... so long as you meet all of the "Conditions" outlined, you will recive a "Final Approval" or "Clear to Close"

Thanks,

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.