cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions, Conditions, Conditions, Oh MY!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditions, Conditions, Conditions, Oh MY!

My husband and I have been through the ringer with Wells Fargo on conditions.  We're set to close next Friday the 28th and still don't have a clear to close.  It's getting close and we're worried as we are in contract to sell our existing home on the same day.  We could end up homeless!

We were given a printed list of approval conditions, which we satisfied in full.  Then those conditions sat on a loan processors desk for 3 weeks before she submitted to UW.  UW came back with four more conditions, which we satisifed in less than 24 hours.  Now we have 4 more conditions.

These conditions are seriously petty too.  For example, we have to waive the right to having the appraiser re-visit the house to affirm that there are screens for every window in the house. They really wanted us to wait for the appraiser to go back out and count them, but tha'ts time consuming and ridiculous as we don't even open windows in Southeast Louisiana - TOO HOT. 

Is there an end in sight?  We're starting to look at rental properties so we have a place for our family to live.   I have a stomachache...:smileysad:

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Conditions, Conditions, Conditions, Oh MY!

That all sounds somewhat common.  Also, it is normal not to have clear to close until 24-48 hours prior to close.  So if you are scheduled for the 28th, I would not be freaking out just yet.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My concern is that this will keep happening to us.  We've been told twice already that this is FINAL list of conditions, and that as soon as we satisfied them, we'd be clear to close.  It's like a bad re-run.  The buyers of our house have had their clear to close for days already, and they started the process WAY later than we did. 

What if we get more conditions on Monday?  And Tuesday.  And Wednesday.  

Does anyone know why these can't all be given to us at one time?   

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

thats a question for your lender.

push, push, push...... call someone's bos.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.