cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions done...waiting on VA appraisal and worried!!

tag
eva322
Established Member

Conditions done...waiting on VA appraisal and worried!!

So...we got our list of conditions last week on our VA loan that is in undewriting.  It only took us a few days to get everything done and turned in.  Now we are just waiting on the appraisal.  My worries are, can they still deny us even with getting all of the conditions done?  Then we worry the appraisal is going to come up under the selling price.  The seller had the house priced at $144,900.00.  On the tax assessor's site though, the fair market value is at $124,700.00.  We offered $139,900.00 and this is including all brand new appliances as well.  Since the last recording on the tax assessor's site however, the house has been completely remodled inside with a brand new septic tank.  The house is also a brick house and they have it listed as a "Masonry/wood" so...they're are a lot of positive factors that play on our side of the field....I just worry if it will all hold up...comp value in that neighborhood is between $110k-$136k.  The higher end being homes that are around the size of the one we're buying and they're the biggest in the neighborhood.  I'm just so anxious and so worried we have gotten this far to only be shot down.  Does anyone know if there is a limit on price per square footage that the VA appraisers go by?   We're supposed to close on August 9th and we are still hesitant to pack any boxes because we still haven't had a definite answer...please help us or give us some positive thoughts??  Even if you think it doesn't sound good, prepare us for the worst...

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Ugghh
Established Member

Re: Conditions done...waiting on VA appraisal and worried!!

I can not answer most of the questions but I will say I would not worry too much about the assessors site as 'usually' those are always lower than the actual value of the house.

If the house appraisal comes in lower than the offered price that gives you negoitating power to get the price lowered.  It does not mean they have to come down to that price but they will be hard press to find someone to pay more for a house than it appraises for!

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.