Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions

tag
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Conditions

How is everyone getting these pre-approval with conditions.  My LO won't even give me a pre-approval letter till my issue with my forbearance is off, and hopefully I get my letter tomorrow.  LO is strict like a mugg.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Conditions

Because a pre approval would be false hope for everyone involved until you have what is requested.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 9
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Im just saying, that is half the threads on here about, pre-approval with conditions.  My LO is a stickler. 

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I did not get conditions with preapproval. I conditions with approval. Big difference. It is usually the latter.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Maybe your situation is different. To close for them to call in your present situation.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 9
foofighter74
Established Contributor

We had several conditions on our preapproval letter, but they basically read like a form letter and didnt' really amount to much.  For instance, one of the conditions was "all derogatory credit items on report must be paid before closing."  Well, we don't have any on our reports, so it won't be an issue.  In addition, one of our conditions was "must have proof from landlord that current (townhome) lease ends on last day of closing month."  Well, we aren't sure if we are going to get the loan yet or not, but if we do, the plan is for construction to end shortly before our last rent payment anyway.  So again, not much of an issue.  You pay rent at the beginning of the month, so even though our lease "ends" at the end of August, our last rent payment would be 8/1...so as long as we paid that last month, we are fine there as well. 

The only condition that really applied to us specifically was that both our mid-scores needed to be at 640 before we closed. 

Message 6 of 9
playboy
Regular Contributor

Jade, I think it's the wording that may be throwing you off.  I think that pre-approval is just when the LO asks you basic info, i.e. salary, credit score, etc. to see if you meet their minimums.  I don't think that you get conditions until you get conditional approval.  The uw is the one that will state what the conditions are and he or she is the one that issues the conditional approval.  Once your conditions are met you move from conditional approval to approved.  

I never received a pre-approval letter so all this talk about them is somewhat foreign to me even though I've heard of people getting them.  Basically, I walked into the sales office and told the sales guy which floor plan I was interested in.  He then asked me what my credit score was and what my income was.  I also had the two most recent pay stubs and tax returns on me.  He called the loan officer; told her my credit score; I got on the phone with her; gave her my social and she ran my credit.  I met with her two hours later and she asked for the tax returns, 401k statement (had on me), bank statements (which I had on me) and pay stubs.  I filled out the application, went to Walmart and got a money order for the earnest deposit and came back to the office.  By the time that I came back to the office the LO informed me that my DTI, salary and bank statements (two months worth of PITI) indicated that I was ok to move forward.  All of this took place in one day on a Sat afternoon.  No pre-approval letter.

The next day I went back to the office to meet with the LO and she ran me through USDA's GUS and I passed that.  She informed me that I couldn't go through their automated desktop underwriting with disputes so she contacted the company they use for credit reports so that they could contact the creditors to remove the disputes.  By Tuesday the disputes were removed.  Wednesday I went to manual underwriting; Friday I had conditional approval with conditions.  The following Monday I submitted my conditions; had more conditions and resubmitted.  A week later I had final approval from the UW.

Again no pre-approval letter. 

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 9
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

My LO told me what to expect as conditions when I received my pre-approval.  He wanted certain things fixed or needed correct documents BEFORE going to underwriting. But I think he also knew that getting approval would not be difficult for me because what I had could easily be fixed.  

I did not recieve my actual "conditions" until I received my approval letter.  

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 8 of 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Right. If you don't have major credit issues, you usually just get a preapproval letter to go shop homes without conditions. That is probably what your LO wants as it is less hassle.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.