Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condo Owner Occupancy Rates

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Condo Owner Occupancy Rates

I'm working towards to purchase of a condo as my primary residence. I've been credit approved, now we wait on condo approval. The owner occupancy rate makes me nervous, currently its at 39%. What are the owner occupancy limits for conventional mortgages? My down payment is roughly 35% of purchase price. Will the low owner occupancy rate be an issue for approval?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Condo Owner Occupancy Rates

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm working towards to purchase of a condo as my primary residence. I've been credit approved, now we wait on condo approval. The owner occupancy rate makes me nervous, currently its at 39%. What are the owner occupancy limits for conventional mortgages? My down payment is roughly 35% of purchase price. Will the low owner occupancy rate be an issue for approval?

Thanks

You're going to have a problem if your Lender plans to sell your loan to Freddie or Fannie.   Owners occupancy rate must be atleast 70%.    I went  through a similar problem with my condo.  They didn't have budget reserve.  But I was able to find a new Lender who  made the loan for its own portfolio.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.