Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused FHA Automated vs. Manual

tag
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

Confused FHA Automated vs. Manual

Hello Fico Family,

Since joining the forum, I have not missed a day! This is the only thing keeping me sane. Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes I get confused though. So, I would like to seek clarification.

1. What is needed for automated FHA approval?
  2. What is needed for manual FHA approval?
  3. Which one is easiest?
  4. What is the advantage or disadvantage of both?

I understand the difference between them AND that most LO will run you through automated first, but beyond that, I am little confused.

Thanks everyone!

Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused FHA Automated vs. Manual

MichiganMommy wrote:
Hello Fico Family,

Since joining the forum, I have not missed a day! This is the only thing keeping me sane. Smiley Very Happy

1. What is needed for automated FHA approval?
  2. What is needed for manual FHA approval?
  3. Which one is easiest?

I understand the difference between them AND that most LO will run you through automated first, but beyond that, I am little confused.

Thanks everyone!

Yeah...what she said! This completely baffles me as well!
Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Confused FHA Automated vs. Manual

MichiganMommy wrote:
Hello Fico Family,

1. What is needed for automated FHA approval? You need to pass FHAs Total Scorecard which grades credit and dti along with assets and length of employment, ect.
  2. What is needed for manual FHA approval? strict adherence to loan guidelines regarding debt ratios and credit.
  3. Which one is easiest? automated is easiest if you get it. it allows you to go over published debt ratios and can approve regardless of the last 12 month's history
    automated advantages: fast, higher ratios, no explanation of credit, ect
    automated disadvantages: none, if approved.
    manual advantages: can approve  file that was not approved by automated. usually. automated will refer to manual for files that it is uncomfortable approving.
    manual disadvantages: slower. strict adherence to dti and credit guidelines

Thanks everyone!

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.