cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about mortgage approval process - UPDATE APPROVED!!

tag
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

Re: Confused about mortgage approval process - UPDATE APPROVED!!

That is WONDERFUL, Up!! Congrats.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Confused about mortgage approval process.

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my commitment letter yesterday! They didn't scoff at my self-employment income. Everything went through, for my full preapproval amount!!  Phew. 

Additonal conditions: 

X  Acceptable Title Binder

X  Satisfaction of Appraisal conditions

That's it!!!

Told you, Darlin'!! Now, all you have to worry about is finding your DREAM HOME!! And of course, what color to paint the walls (if you've been renting as long as I have, I **KNOW** you're excited about THAT!)!!!!

CONGRATS, Sweetie!! You've earned it, and then some!!!! You totally deserve it!!

I really don't know what makes me happier -- that we finally own our own home -- or that within a VERY short time, YOU will!!! Smiley Happy

OMG. Is this for real?

Yup!! This is ALL YOU, Darlin'!! This is REAL because of YOU!! Don't you EVER forget that!!! Smiley Mad

(that's supposed to be a "stern" face -- so's you feel cowed into NEVER forgetting that **YOU** DID IT!!)

I really can't believe it. 8 years ago I was staring at the walls of an empty 1 bedroom apartment I was sharing with my 3 year old son. I gave him the bedroom and I slept on a futon in the living room

I'm literally holding back the tears. 

LOL! I did that, too, with my DD!! I **KNEW** there was a reason I adored the stuffins outta you! You put your baby first!!! Smiley Happy

Seriously, honestly, truly -- CONGRATS!!! The most nerve-wracking bit of being a homeowner (other than actually *paying* the mortgage) is OVER. Now it's the funnest part -- choosing your DREAM HOME!! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you guys so much. It really never ceases to amaze me how people from afar that don't even know each other real life can be so genuinely happy for one another. Though, I guess we really get to know one another through this proces, don't we?

I still can't believe it!!  Wonderin, you betcha I'm ready to paint!  It's been almost 15 years of renting. I'm DONE!!!

I'm shaky. My hands are shaky, my stomach is unsettled and I feel sort of sick. LOL. Ironically, it's not nerves, I'm not scared AT ALL...I'm just in utter shock. I can't explain it, but's a weird sensation.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you guys so much. It really never ceases to amaze me how people from afar that don't even know each other real life can be so genuinely happy for one another. Though, I guess we really get to know one another through this proces, don't we?

Its 'cause YOU'RE that wonderful of a person, Darlin'! Smiley Happy

I still can't believe it!!  Wonderin, you betcha I'm ready to paint!  It's been almost 15 years of renting. I'm DONE!!!

Just remember to clean your brushes real good! Smiley Wink

I'm going to sound like a TOTAL dork, but most paint companies have an applet on their site (or you can get a disc from a major-chain home improvement store) that lets you upload pics of your home with YOUR furniture and you can preview paint colors! We're doing that right now and it sure is making the picking process OODLES easier! You ought to think about it!

Now, we just have to stop being so damned lazy and buy the paint and actually PAINT!! Smiley Happy

I'm shaky. My hands are shaky, my stomach is unsettled and I feel sort of sick. LOL. Ironically, it's not nerves, I'm not scared AT ALL...I'm just in utter shock. I can't explain it, but's a weird sensation.

Darlin', that's how ALL good things are *supposed* to feel!! Smiley Happy

You've done Good, Darlin' ... pat yourself on the back! I'd do it for you, but you're facing the wrong way! Smiley Wink
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats ladies! i am praying i will get good news soonSmiley Happy
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
congrats ladies! i am praying i will get good news soonSmiley Happy

You will. You HAVE to think positive.  The funny thing is that I had already set up an appointment with a realtor to go look at homes this weekend.  I set everything up and a few hours later I got the news. It's was really strange because I was told it would take 2 weeks and it took 3 business days!  Just hang in there. Waiting is the hardest part, I was fortunate and let off the hook early. If it makes you feel better, I was 2 1/2 weeks over due with my son...and that was some long freakin' waiting....Hehe.

Wonderin, That is an AWESOME idea and SO up my alley. Any sites that you think are better than the others for the painting color pickin'?

Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

UpUpUp wrote: Wonderin, That is an AWESOME idea and SO up my alley. Any sites that you think are better than the others for the painting color pickin'?

I'm using Pittsburgh Paint's applet -- but that's only because our DD's best friend's mother manages a PP store and is giving us 30% off!! (YAY!!)

PP even has a cutesy-pootsy (but REALLY fun) game to play to help you choose colors according to your personality and likes. And yannow ... it was SPOT on with us!! Try it!!

In the end, though, whatever applet you go with, whatever brand you choose, you can have that color made up in ANY brand. So if you use Behr's paint picker and find Sherwin Williams cheaper in your area (yes, that matters), you can have SW blend the paint to match Behr's.

Also, me, I'd haunt Better Homes and Gardens for a bit ... they have GREAT ideas on color combos -- and furniture redos to match your wall coloring and such. And don't forget your local newsstand -- I think I've bought every single home dec magazine known to man!! They're AWESOME for inspiration!

But best, best, best is to find your most fave object/piece of furniture/heirloom and match colors with that -- chances are, the rest of your stuff will go with it, too. And if it's your fave, it should be timeless in your home (meaning, you won't change your mind tomorrow and hate it!).

Another GREAT site is a blog by a friend of mine: she has AWESOME design sense and taste -- she's also a fabric designer, too! She's also got the MOST super-awesome links on her blog -- they all lead to great sites that mainly focus on interior dec.

Sorry -- I usually have more to blabber on about home dec ... I took home dec as part of my graphic design courses (don't ask -- I went for a LONG time having no freaking idea what I wanted to be when I grew up!)! Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't be sorry. Awesome information and GREATLY appreciated!!
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

UpUpUp wrote: Wonderin, That is an AWESOME idea and SO up my alley. Any sites that you think are better than the others for the painting color pickin'?

PP even has a cutesy-pootsy (but REALLY fun) game to play to help you choose colors according to your personality and likes. And yannow ... it was SPOT on with us!! Try it!!

Umm. THAT was fun. I am "White Spaces" and "Almond & Honey"

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! you were right. i cant beleive i got preapproved!!!!

oh yeah, i was 10 days late with my daughter. lol

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.