Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation Loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consolidation Loans

Does any lender offer these type of loans?  I would like to get a 30K loan to pay off all debts, and have just the one creditor.  Is this a good route to go? 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Consolidation Loans

Credit Unions are your best chance to get unsecured loans, but im not sure about 30k.
Citi, Capital one and Bank of America offer debt consolidation usually up to 50k... but they are really hard to get.. it's harder to obtain then a credit card I think... because it's basically a big credit card, plus then you have your paid off credit cards to charge on again.. big risk for banks.

You own realestate, you can get an equity loan to pay all the debt off.
Message 2 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

creoleqt wrote:
Does any lender offer these type of loans?  I would like to get a 30K loan to pay off all debts, and have just the one creditor.  Is this a good route to go? 

And whatever you do, be careful of sharks and scumbags at places not too dismilar to

Message Edited by fused on 11-01-2007 09:04 AM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict wrote:
Credit Unions are your best chance to get unsecured loans, but im not sure about 30k.
Citi, Capital one and Bank of America offer debt consolidation usually up to 50k... but they are really hard to get.. it's harder to obtain then a credit card I think... because it's basically a big credit card, plus then you have your paid off credit cards to charge on again.. big risk for banks.

You own realestate, you can get an equity loan to pay all the debt off.

That's especially true for Cap One.  You have to get invited by mail to get a personal loan.  You cannot apply online.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.