Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consolidation loans

Hi,
I was wondering if it's still possible to consolidate our first mortgage and second HELOC if the market has not been favorable ( no equity on the house)? WE owe about $549,900 0n the first and 62,000 on the second, and a house same as ours down the street from us sold for $524,900.00. Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Consolidation loans

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,
I was wondering if it's still possible to consolidate our first mortgage and second HELOC if the market has not been favorable ( no equity on the house)? WE owe about $549,900 0n the first and 62,000 on the second, and a house same as ours down the street from us sold for $524,900.00. Thanks for your time.

What do you think your house is worth? If it's near the $525M that the neighboring house sold for, then I hate to tell you that you are extremely upside down and will not be able to refi. You are going to need to accelerate that mortgage down into a workable range in order to be able to refi.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

In addition to what ByrdMan laid out, why do you want to refinance your 1st & 2nd?  What is the need to do so?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in an interest only loan locked for 10 years and have 8 left. then it changes to an ARM.  I wanted to renegotiate it's terms to a fixed rae so I don't have to stress about it. Is there any programs out there that will allow me to do so?
Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

There aren't going to be any loans right now to refinance into, and ask your lender if they would offer you a loan modification (likely they won't because you are not in any immediate need to have your loan modified, however it's still worth a shot) - but you have 8 years left on your fixed rate period, lots of items can happen in 8 years including the value of your home going back up above what you currently owe on your mortgage - so I'd recommend not stressing out about it right now and just continue to pay your mortgage on time, keep tabs on the real estate market, and look into refinancing later on.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.