Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Construction to permanent VA Home Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Construction to permanent VA Home Loan

Hi - We're thinking of moving to SE GA in about 3 years.  We would like to buy new construction possibly through the VA. Now we are trying figure out the best way to go about this.  One scenario is to get a new job, sell current home, move to temp housing, and find new construction home (there are plenty to choose from in the area we wish to relocate to). Also thinking about buying the new construction home, remaining in current home until the new home is built (using current salary to qualify).  It should be fairly easy for me to transfer from my current location to the agency close to where we want to relocate.  I know the VA only funds primary resident homes but will they extend their current 60 day move-in requirement in such a scenario? And last scenario, stay in current home, buy new construction home as a second or vacation home under another mortgage program (if one exists) and move when the home is complete (selling current home, which we possibly have someone willing to assume the loan (FHA). We would then refinance to a VA loan after closing on the new home thus avoiding PMI (though don't know how long we would have to wait to do this). If anyone has any words or wisdom or thinks of other scenarios, that would be great! My salary would drop about 8k moving from CT to GA so one of the reasons why I'd like to qualify while here and employed.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.