cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of appraisal before final approval?

tag
eva322
Established Member

Copy of appraisal before final approval?

So we are supposed to get our "clear to close" either tomorrow or Monday from the underwriters. We are scheduled to close next Friday, August 9th. Until we hear we are on edge waiting, praying, and hoping! This may be a silly question or our grasping at any positive sign but has anyone ever gotten a copy of their appraisal before u even know u will get to close?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
superfrustrated

Re: Copy of appraisal before final approval?

Yes - most lenders will send you a copy of your appraisal as soon as its back - some wait until you actually ASK for a copy.  But since you paid for it, you have every right to get a copy WHENEVER you ask for a copy (I am assuming you pre-paid for the appraisal, usually your lender will require a credit card to charge approximately $350 for the appraisal soon after you apply)

Message 2 of 7
eva322
Established Member

Actually our mortgage broker paid for it and we didn't even request a copy. We just assumed we would get it at closing if we were able to close...I think he had to pay $400. It just showed up in the mail today.
Message 3 of 7
superfrustrated

Glad you got your copy!  But for anyone else reading this, FYI - appraisals are NOT usually provided at closing automatically - you should always request a copy (and if you wait until closing to request a copy, chances are it might take a little while to actually have it sent to the closing agent - and that is just going to hold up your closing - and lets face it, you are eager to finish signing everything and go see your new house!  You dont want to wait an extra 30 minutes for someone to email over a copy of an appraisal that was available 30 days prior).  Go ahead and request several days before closing or as soon as you are aware its complete.

Message 4 of 7
eva322
Established Member

Glad we got ours unexpectedly today!! Smiley Happy good info! Thank u :-)
Message 5 of 7
MrChairman
Established Contributor

Lender ordered our apprisal about a week after I applied. It was completed 15 days before we closed, which was yesterday. The only reason I got is because I e-mailed him giving him the OK to order the apprisal since the building passed all of the inspections but apparently they didn't need the final inspections for the condo apprisal.

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
eva322
Established Member

Have you closed yet MrChairman?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.