Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I apply now???

tag
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Could I apply now???

Hoping to get some advice from the mortgage pros.  I just received my clear to close about 2 hours ago and am scheduled to close tomorrow at 1 p.m.  My question is this, I want to take advantage of some promo offers and apply for a Lowe' s account and another account to cover some remodeling costs.  Can I do that now or do I have to wait until I sign on the dotted line? Is there a waiting period so that I do not jeopardize my mortgage?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Could I apply now???

I highly recommend you wait until you've closed and the loan is funded.  You can ask at the closing if the loan is funded at the time of closing or a couple of days later.

If they say it's funded at the time of closing, you should be free and clear to app as soon as you receive the keys!

Congratulations!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 3
shorrttyycm1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Could I apply now???

Sorry took so long for me to respond, had my final walk through and my meeting with realtor.

Thanks for the advice, i will ask tomorrow before making a move.

Starting Score: 530
3-2013Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EXP 679 FAKO
Current Score (lender pull): TU 693 EQ 649 EXP 699 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.