Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could I get a loan?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could I get a loan?

I would like to see if anybody thinks it is possible to buy my first house with my fiance in early 2009 when our current lease is up, or would I be wasting my time talking to a loan office and paying for the credit checks?

I am rebounding from young credit mistakes having nearly 20k credit in card problems in 2003-2004 that I cleared up in 4 different charge offs in jan/feb 05.  Then I did not use any form of credit until and my score climbed from god knows what to around 600 november last year, I did not want a card but I knew it would help my score rebound so got one card at that time.   I found much trouble getting the one card due to lack of history and/or the charge offs.  I have been perfect on this card and keep no balance and now my EQ fico is 650.  It was higher but in my failed attempts to get a second card to build more history resulted in me currently having too many inquiries.

My  finaces credit is much worse being probably somewhere in the mid to low 500s i believe with three accounts in collections she is paying off pretty quick, less than $2000.

My score seems to be good enough but I am worried about the lack of current history with only one card with a low $750 balance.  I last tried getting a card about three months ago but keep getting declined and the inquiries are hurting my score so I  dont know if I should keep trying to get another or not.

I make a bit over 32k and she makes just under 30k.  We would like a home around 125-135k but something around 90k in our area would be much better than where we are now, I wouldnt bother going any lower though.  I estimate we could have at least 3-4k saved by then, but that would be for everything, not just downpayment.   If I could keep her name and credit off of the loan to get better terms and have a better shot I would but I dont know if anybody would lend me alone that much?

Anybody have any input on where I stand or what I should do?

Thanks in advance!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Could I get a loan?

BeavTech wrote:
I would like to see if anybody thinks it is possible to buy my first house with my fiance in early 2009 when our current lease is up, or would I be wasting my time talking to a loan office and paying for the credit checks? credit checks dont cost you anything. i would run from any loan officer who charged them

I am rebounding from young credit mistakes having nearly 20k credit in card problems in 2003-2004 that I cleared up in 4 different charge offs in jan/feb 05.  Then I did not use any form of credit until and my score climbed from god knows what to around 600 november last year, I did not want a card but I knew it would help my score rebound so got one card at that time.   I found much trouble getting the one card due to lack of history and/or the charge offs.  I have been perfect on this card and keep no balance and now my EQ fico is 650.  It was higher but in my failed attempts to get a second card to build more history resulted in me currently having too many inquiries.

My  finaces credit is much worse being probably somewhere in the mid to low 500s i believe with three accounts in collections she is paying off pretty quick, less than $2000. any current accounts? if not, get a secured visa

My score seems to be good enough but I am worried about the lack of current history with only one card with a low $750 balance.  I last tried getting a card about three months ago but keep getting declined and the inquiries are hurting my score so I  dont know if I should keep trying to get another or not.

I make a bit over 32k and she makes just under 30k.  We would like a home around 125-135k but something around 90k in our area would be much better than where we are now, I wouldnt bother going any lower though.  I estimate we could have at least 3-4k saved by then, but that would be for everything, not just downpayment.   If I could keep her name and credit off of the loan to get better terms and have a better shot I would but I dont know if anybody would lend me alone that much?

Anybody have any input on where I stand or what I should do?

Thanks in advance!!!

i would want to see a little more liquid funds.
buying a house with $3000 is hard these days. especially that price range
Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.