cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could this hurt my chances? Currently in underwriting

tag
twill612

Could this hurt my chances? Currently in underwriting

My husband applied for a VA loan through Wells Fargo. The file is being sent to underwriting today. I'm so nervous about the things the underwriter could ask for in addition to whats already been submitted. If they happen to ask for proof of utility bill payments , could a payment arrangement look bad? We did a payment arrangement for every electric bill from July- October due to the high costs. We live in Nevada. We weren't late necessarily but we asked the utility company if we could split up the payment since the electric bill went up each month during that time. Would this look bad to an underwriter?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Re: Could this hurt my chances? Currently in underwriting

Sure. I get out of the dance studio at 6pm on Monday.
Message 2 of 5
themizlyne
Regular Contributor

Don't text and read forums at the same time lol. Can't delete from my phone.
Message 3 of 5
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

I will let someone else chime in, but I don't believe utility bills are requested unless the credit file of the applicant(s) is thin. If you have tread lines like, credit cards, student loans, car loans on your reports I doubt they will ask about utility bills. I think they only come in to play when you have no other forms of credit reporting on your file.

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
Christian123
New Contributor

I went through underwriting a few months ago for a VA loan and they didn't ask anything about utility bills.

Starting Scores 3/10---EQ 495, TU 505
5/13- EQ 720, TU 722, EX 696(Lender Pull)
Gardening since 5/2013 until 3/2014
Closed on dream home- 12/17/13
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.