Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter-offers

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Counter-offers

Thanks for the input...

We do have that inspection contingency and completed the inspection today. The radon test is ongoing, and no termites. The inspector e-mailed the report earlier and pics and showed a number of things that needed to be fixed:

1) Loose siding by chimney.

2) Gutter loose in one section.

3) Needs deck work.

4) Water damage in basement from seepage through wall.

5) Possible mold in a 1 foot by 2 feet section on drywall near that seepage.

6) New electrical meter needed (onus is on utility company).

7) Failed seal at basement door (per contract, they are replacing that door).

8) Cracked window (needs new windows).

9) Mystery gas line needs further review in fireplace....house has no gas going into it.

10) Gusset plate is loose in attic.

11) Loose control box for attic fan.

12) Needs new smoke alarms.

13) Sink issues/leaks in all bathrooms (not replaced since 70s).

14) Disfunctional dishwasher (needs replacement, but new cabinets prevents it from opening fully).

15) Disposal might have something stuck in it.

Not deal breakers, per se, but worth figuring out the costs for repair.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Counter-offers

That is quite the list! This probably would have scared me away... but I'm a single mom with 3 daughters and no (handy)man around the house to fix things for me. I guess everything looks fairly minor except the windows and the water leaks. Do all the windows need to be replaced, or just the broken one?

Now you just have to decide how much you really want the house. If you are leaning toward walking, give the seller a list of the deficiencies and give them the opportunity to negotiate the repairs (even if they sold it as/is) since it looks like you would definitely have grounds to quit the purchase under an inspection contingency. This way they can decide how much they want the sale.

Good luck! Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.