Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coutrywide/ Bank of america

tag
Bradsrq
Established Member

Coutrywide/ Bank of america

I have a question for you credit bureau gurus. I signed on a mortgage loan with my daughter back in Sept 08. It was purchased by countrywide approx 2 mos later in Nov 08. Since then, of course Bank of Amer. has bought out countrywide. My question is this, when do they start reporting to the 3 CBs. This is June  and still nothing on her credit report or mine?? Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Coutrywide/ Bank of america

They're actually not obligated to report it at all. You might want to give them a call and find out what the deal is Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Coutrywide/ Bank of america

Be patient.  They are converting hundreds of thousands of loans.  Have you gotten a letter with your new account information yet?  I would not expect to see your CR updated until after your first payment was due to the BofA.  All of your payments to CW will be credited to that TL until you start making payments to BofA.

When my account was transferred to CW, it took 45 days for everything to get squared away on my report.  I expect that the BofA transfer will be the same way. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.