Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Pulls After Pre-Approval

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Credit Pulls After Pre-Approval

Does anyone have an estimate of how many times will my credit be pulled from the time of pre approval to closing?
I was pre approved in early July and my credit was pulled when I made an offer on a home last week and needed a pre approval letter to go with the offer package. So can I expect another pull at right before closing?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Pulls After Pre-Approval

Start to finish, they only pulled my credit once. We got the whole thing done within 90 days so there was no need to pull it again unless it went over.

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 2 of 7
justrock
Frequent Contributor

@anca21bi wrote:
Does anyone have an estimate of how many times will my credit be pulled from the time of pre approval to closing?
I was pre approved in early July and my credit was pulled when I made an offer on a home last week and needed a pre approval letter to go with the offer package. So can I expect another pull at right before closing?

Mine has been pulled twice already.  Once when I first went to the bank and again today when I made an offer on a house.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@justrock wrote:

@anca21bi wrote:

Mine has been pulled twice already.  Once when I first went to the bank and again today when I made an offer on a house.

When I bought a home years ago, it was only pulled once.  Now people don't want to lock a rate for 90 days and will only give you 30 days.  Thus, it was pulled once for pre-approval in May and was pulled again when my offer was accepted and I started the loan docs.  From what I understand, from reading this forum, it may be pulled one more time right before closing (to be sure I haven't added a bunch of new credit). 

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

A credit report is good for 90 days. You do the math.

Message 5 of 7
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

They may SP right before closing. I would be surprised if they HP again. Who is your lender? They should have been able to use the original HP for 90 days to rate lock.
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 6 of 7
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

I'm using Guild Mortgage company, I told them I paid down some debt so I think that is why they re-pulled. I just don't want another pull...my credit is already a little rocky.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.