cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Report showing 2 different mortgages

tag
corn

Credit Report showing 2 different mortgages

Order my credit report and notice that  2 mortgage companies are being reported 1 of the compaines is the correct company showing open date of May 2008 which was when we open the account.The other company never heard of total different account number but has the same open date of May 2008.I have contacted the bureau mailed a copy of all papers that was sign at closing showing that i never had account with this company. They stated that account was mix with another person with same name and last four numbers of SS# and that it was not much thay could do.Contact mortgage company ask the to send any information that could help fix this problem thay say they are reporting the correct information which is ture but I"M  not with that mortgae company.Is there anything I can do to get this corrected no miss payment it shows that I have 2 mortgages and my debt to income ratio too high

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dursty87
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Report showing 2 different mortgages

Did you dispute the account with the CRA's when you mailed copies of your closing paperwork?  I would call the CRA's and request the account be removed as it doesn't belong to you. They can clearly tell the difference between your social and the other persons social, same name or not.  If they still refuse to remove it even after you provide documentation I would file a complaint with the CFPB.  

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

File a complaint with the CFPB. You can do it online and the website will lead you through the process step by step. The mortgage company then has 30 days to investigate the complaint and provide proof to the CFPB verifying that the debt is yours and that it is accurate. Since it is not, the mortgage company must notify all three CRAs telling them to remove the erroneous information.

Believe it or not, filing complaints through the CFPB actually works. I was getting the runaround from the CRAs and Bank of America to get an erroneous TL removed from my reports and it wasn't until I filed a complaint through the CFPB that action was finally taken. And pretty quickly.

IMO, when you are getting nowhere with the CRAs and the creditor yourself, involving the CFPB will make things happen.

Marlena.

Message 3 of 4
dursty87
Established Contributor

^ The only issue with filing a complaint against the creditor is that they aren't reporting inaccurate information. In your case with BOA filing a complaint against them would be the right move. The issue is with the CRA's and the merging of someone else's information on OP's credit file. I don't see a dispute with the OC changing anything if there is no inaccuracy in their reporting.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.