Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Drop During Refi Process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score Drop During Refi Process

Navy Federal Credit Union is working a VA refi for me. The home was appraised this past week and we are entering the 3rd week of the process. My application was give pre-approval status in the first week or so.

Tonight I did a routine check of my credit and about spit my coffee out: a 20 point decrease happened out of nowhere. So weeks of nice, steady incremental improvements got wiped out in a stroke. And my credit went in Experian's 'Fair' range from a low 'Good' place....

So far I can't find a reason because the credit agencies hide or conceal or bury all that information from us. Even those of us that pay for greater access to it....

I intend to inform the lender working my refit. And I guess my questions are

1. Should I tell the lender?

2. At this relatively late stage in the loan underwriting process would a lender be notified or be checking and then consider a change or rejection?

All things considered I thought I was sitting rather pretty on my 677 and now I am back down to 657...

Probably only the lender and time will tell but just wanted to pick the brains that hang out here in the meantime...

"

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Score Drop During Refi Process

Don’t!!!! Say a word to the lender...
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.