Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score dropped with no additional changes to report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Score dropped with no additional changes to report

Hi, I applied for pre approval in December, at that time my score was 750, today I checked and it dropped by 15 points to 735. I have paid all my credit card balances. The debt on revolving account is less than what it used to be in december. 

I am worried if I will by doing nothing my score dropped so will I still be eligible for prime interest rates or not. 

I still need to know what can I do to improve my scores within 2 months.

Please guide. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Score dropped with no additional changes to report

For your score to change, something definately changed with your report.  Can you list cards you have and more info. about your credit file so that people can give you suggestions?

Because without it, it will be hard to tell you what to do to raise your scores...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have paid off all some balances on my cards. I was 8% debt to 6% now. 

Some cards have zero balances. 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You said you paid off some of your cards... did you pay off anything else? Did you have an old installment loan that is now showing as paid? Paying off an installment loan, if it was your only one, can actually lower your credit score some as it impacts your credit mix.

Did you lower your balance on the cards, but increase the number of cards with a balance? 1 or 2 cards with a balance out of 10 is better (1 is best) than that same balance spread across 6 or more cards. 

Did you consolidate your revolving debt at all? Do you notice any inquiries to your file? Are you looking at the same score version as last time (last time you checked it was FICO 8, this time it is FICO9)?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has any accounts aged off of your report? This recently happened to me, so it could be an account has aged off of your report.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

THank you for your reply friends

It is my Experian score has dropped not others. 

Before my score dropped, I have balances on 3 cards with all less than 5% except AMEX which has 12% and discover 6%. 

After my score dropped, I noticed that my balance on amex went up to 18% and Discover went up to 8%. remaing cards balances went down to 0.

I learned that experian scores based on percentage of balances which are multiples of 7. <7%, 7-14% etc. 

I have 4 store cards which I havent used for 2 years in a row till now. 

Please advice me, I want to boost up my credit score within 3 montsh.

I was thinking of paying of remaining discover and amex balances. that will make 0 dollrs on credit cards and migh help boost the score. 

or

I was suggested to use little balances on all the cards including unused ones and pay off every month to boost up the score. 

What is myth and what is fact, please advice.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.