Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit pull for FIOS before closing?

tag
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Credit pull for FIOS before closing?

I'm currently scheduled to close on 10/25. It is KILLING me to have to wait for things like Lowe's and NFCU apps, particularly since I need to purchase things for the house before we can actually live in it.  I'm trying to get as much set up beforehand as possible and when I went to sign up for FIOS, they want to do a hard pull.  Is that going to be an issue for UW? Should I wait until I close?  I detest not having things lined up ahead of time!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit pull for FIOS before closing?

We did the hard pull for FIOS and it didn't affect us, although they didn't pull credit again before we closed because they had pulled it two weeks before. I would call your LO first and ask what they suggest. I'm sure they have had this questions before so they may be able to help.

Message 2 of 8
Elcid89
Contributor

I would leave it alone. Verizon is usually pretty speedy about getting installs set up, and in the off event that you are somehow unable to close, you'll be stuck with a potential bill for the installation of the fiber run to the home (unless one is already installed).

FiOS is a two part install. A cable contractor has to come out and physically install fiber from their access point, under your lawn, to your home. Once that is done, an installer comes out later and installs the ONT (optical network terminal) and your equipment throughout the home.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 3 of 8
sharpie
Regular Contributor

A hard pull for internet service cost me 30 pts. one time.  I would think FIOS could probably wait.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't do anything that would effect your score. It will be worth the wait after closing!

Message 5 of 8
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wouldn't do anything that would effect your score. It will be worth the wait after closing!

I have been told by LOs, NEVER do ANYTHING until AFTER closing.

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 6 of 8
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Thanks, all, for the sage (and grounding) advice.

I was able to place the order to lock in the promotion I wanted without doing the credit pull now.  I have to call them the day I close to finalize the order, which is fine.

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 7 of 8
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I was told that if they repull you before closing, they do not get a score just a new report.

I doubt they would trip over a utility pull on your credit.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.