Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit score increasing after purchase agreement signed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit score increasing after purchase agreement signed

Hello,

I am going through the mortgage process now with a potential closing date of 8/18/17.  Currently the fha appraisal was ordered on 7/21/17 but has yet to be scheduled.  When I was preapproved my mid score was 617 but  mid score has risen to 677.  Can the increase in my mid score help with the interest rate or dti ratio?  Will my loan officer even pull my credit again and see the score increase?

Thank you and have a nice day.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit score increasing after purchase agreement signed

If you have a score increase, I would definitely alert your loan officer. They will be able to re-package the loan with your updated score if it qualifies you for a lower rate. 

Message 2 of 4
me12345
Frequent Contributor

Yes you can... Even if your current loan is "Locked In". That much change in your Mid score can have tremendous impact on your rate (and therefore your DTI) I would bring it to the attention of your LO ASAP,  and if they won't cooperate I would find another lender. 

Thanks, 

VA & FHA down to 550...
Licensed Senior Mortgage Loan Officer in the states of Arizona & California
Specializing in VA, FHA, USDA & Conventional loans. My company is also licensed in 12 states, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, California, Oregon, Washington, Utah,
Alaska, New Mexico, Texas, Illinois and Florida
Message 3 of 4
reckedhim
Frequent Contributor

Definitely do it.  My fiance's score went up at least 14 points to get her/us in the top tier.  We applied in June and they ran her report again yesterday and it greatly reduced our interest rate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.